Volunteer with Our Foundation
The Shadow Buddies Foundation provides support and knowledge to children with severe illnesses and disabilities. Our organization, however, would not be able to accomplish its mission without the kindness and charitable sacrifices of our beloved volunteers. Year after year, we are continually amazed at the passionate dedication of noble philanthropists and hard-working humanitarians who help the Shadow Buddies Foundation achieve its goals of bringing happiness and comfort to children in need.
To all of our volunteers in the past, we sincerely thank you from the bottom of our hearts. To all of our future volunteers, we’d be thrilled to work with you!
The Shadow Buddies Foundation is always looking for volunteers to help with upcoming events. If you’re interested in volunteering for the Shadow Buddies Foundation, check out our seasonal and year-long volunteer opportunities below or give us a call at 913 642-4646 for more information.
Year-long volunteer opportunities and projects:
- Dressing Buddies for special programs, events and orders
- Assembling accessory packages
- Ironing Buddy gowns
- Sewing small blankets for Rescue Buddy Program
- Assemble pink tutus for the Pink Party Program
- Packaging Buddies
September, 2018 – 23rd Annual Shadow Buddies Event: “Scoring a Victory for Children”
Volunteers needed for the following:
- Registration and check-in/check-out
- Pre-event set up
- Post-event tear down
- Silent auction area: item runners and monitors
Volunteers needed to serve on the following committees:
- Auction items and event space decor
October-December 2018 – Holiday Hugs Toy Drive:
- Pick up donated toys from various locations throughout the Kansas City metro
- Separate toys by age and gender
- Deliver toys to recipients of toy drive