We just have three days left until our 23rd annual benefit. Join us for a fun evening of “Scoring a Victory for Children” this Saturday! In anticipation of this exciting event, here are some fun facts about our organization and our mission.
- We started with just 4 Buddies in 1995; we’ve grown to over 28 Buddies in 2017
- Shadow Buddies are for girls and boys, and we have Buddies of all skin tones
- We were honored to be awarded the Daily Points of Light Award in 2000 and featured in People, Time, Woman’s World, 22 U.S., and 5 Canadian radio stations
- Our story was featured on ABC’s The View and NBC’s Today show
- Honored in 2009 as one of the Midwest’s Top 50 CEO Most Influential Women of the Year
- To date, we have distributed 15,500 Shadow Buddy Backpacks to Pediatric Speciality Camps
- Pro-Bowl Quarterback and Detriot Lion, Matt Cassel, as donated over 4,000 Matt Cassel Buddies since he began his partnership with us in 2009
- We partnered with Sporting Kansas City’s Victory Project in 2014
We’re so proud of all the hard work our team of volunteers has put in over the years. Celebrate with us this Saturday at 6:00 pm! There are sponsorship opportunities still available!