Sponsor a Child with Shadow Buddies
When you sponsor a child through Shadow Buddies, you’re not just giving your financial support. At our children’s charity, we’re striving to create a world where children feel supported and represented, no matter the condition of their health. We accomplish this mission through programs designed to provide support to children and adults with various medical and emotional conditions, all while increasing compassion and understanding of differences. Sponsoring a child through our organization helps support programs that enhance the lives of children and adults with severe illnesses and disabilities.
The Goal of Our Children’s Charity
Twenty-four years ago, our goal was founded from a child’s simple statement: “I wish I had a friend that was just like me.” At Shadow Buddies, we see the significance and importance of fostering compassion and raising awareness of differences. With our line of 31 condition-specific Shadow Buddy dolls and unique programs, we strive to do just that. Since our beginning, we’ve distributed 1.6 million Shadow Buddies to 19 countries, all sent with the goal of providing comfort and support to ill children around the world. By providing a friend for ill children, as well as education, disability awareness, and medical treatments, we help emotionally support children and adults all over the world.
A Buddy Just Like Me
Whether we realized it or not, the toys we played with as children played a significant role in our world view and values. Our children’s charity recognizes how important it is for children to feel a sense of inclusion, which is why we’ve created a line of buddies representing 31 different emotional and medical conditions. Each child who receives a buddy doesn’t just receive a new toy to play with—they receive the opportunity to feel represented and embraced. We have buddies representing the following conditions and more, with the opportunity to customize each buddy to create an even more unique friend for your child:
- Cerebral Palsy/Pump
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Down Syndrome
- Heart Surgery
- Liver Transplant
- Lung Transplant
Visit our Meet the Buddies page to view our complete list of buddies!
How Sponsoring a Child Can Help
In order to continue our mission to enhance the lives of children all over the world, the Shadow Buddies Foundation is continually raising funds, developing new programs, and building relationships between organizations and sponsors with complementary goals. Unlike one-time gifts, partnering with Shadow Buddies as a child sponsor will help you build a relationship with the cause you support.
Sponsoring a child in need helps the Shadow Buddies Foundation, but it can help you too. You have the opportunity to learn more about children’s differences, illnesses, disabilities, and challenges. You can learn how children overcome the most difficult of experiences, plus you can be part of what helps them overcome them.
Helping others is a great kindness, and it can bring you peace and comfort in an unpredictable world. The joys of helping others should not be ignored as they are real and vital to a person’s growth, happiness, fulfillment, and lifetime goals. If you have the resources to participate in a child sponsorship program, you will gain much from the experience of improving children’s lives.
A few more ways a charity sponsorship can help:
- If an organization or company sponsors a kid, they can gain exposure. Child sponsorship work can build your company’s reputation in a positive way. People will know that your organization cares about giving back to your community. That genuine display of selflessness can bring you business, positive growth, and help your brand become a well-known, beloved part of the community.
- Sponsoring a child also connects your organization with others that share your values and goals. You can build lasting relationships by joining a sponsorship program.
- You can be part of bringing a child hope, and that feels good under any circumstances.
- Joining a sponsorship community can help you feel more connected to your overall community. When you feel connected with something greater than yourself, this can bring a great deal of peace and fulfillment to your life.
- Helping a child in need also helps the child’s family, which means your sponsorship is doing good and making the Kansas City community a better place for everyone.
- Sponsoring a child charity is something that a local church can do, which can strengthen the church’s community and build relationships with potential churchgoers. If you are looking to grow your congregation, getting involved in improving the life of a child can swell your church’s members and ability to do good around the community.
A sponsorship donation can help kids in need, but it can also help you or the organization you are involved with. Partnerships around Kansas City improve our community for all, not just for the children who benefit directly from your sponsorship. If you are looking for the best charity to sponsor a child, look no further—you’ve found Shadow Buddies Foundation. We are grateful for all of our sponsors. We appreciate you joining our mission to make the world a better place by helping children with illnesses or disabilities feel comforted and supported.
One-Time Gift Opportunities
We appreciate each gift we receive in support of our mission, no matter the size! If you’re searching for opportunities to donate to our children’s charity, we have several other opportunities beyond child sponsorship.
Adopt a Buddy
Hospitals and children’s centers around the country rely on the gracious support of donors to receive Shadow Buddies to distribute to their little warriors. You can help us make a child’s day by adopting a buddy, which will help provide comfort and joy to children in pediatric care.
Give a Donation
We also make it easy to donate by accepting one-time and monthly donations through PayPal, so you can easily select your preferred one-time gift amount or set up a recurring gift.
Join Our Kansas City Child Sponsorship Organization
Becoming a Shadow Buddies sponsor is fast, easy, and rewarding! To join our Kansas City charity, contact us online or call (913) 642-4646.
We Welcome You
If you’d like to become a part of the Shadow Buddies family by becoming a sponsor, please contact us online or give us a call at 913 642-4646. You can also take a look at our current sponsors and community partners here.